TO THE QUALIFIED ELECTORS OF RILEY TOWNSHIP:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the General Election will be held on November 8, 2022.
Polls will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
POLL LOCATION for Riley Township Registered Electors: Riley Township Hall located at 13016 Belle River Road.
The following will appear on the ballot for the purpose of electing candidate(s) to the following OFFICES:
PARTISAN: Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Representative in Congress (9th District), State Senator (25th District), Representatives in State Legislature (65th District), State Board of Education, Regent of the University of Michigan, Trustees of Michigan State University, Governor of Wayne State University, County Commissioner (District 6) and Township Clerk (Riley partial-term).
NON-PARTISAN: Justice of Supreme Court, Judge of Court of Appeals, Judge of Circuit Court, Judge of District Court, Community College Board of Trustees, Yale Public School District Board Members, Armada Area School District Board Members, Capac Community School District Board Members, and Memphis Community School District Board Members.
Brief description of STATE OF MICHIGAN ballot proposals that will appear on the ballot:
- Proposal 22-1: Constitutional Amendment to require annual public financial disclosure reports by legislators and other state officers and change state legislator term limit to 12 total years in legislature.
- Proposal 22-2: Constitutional Amendment to add provisions regarding elections.
- Proposal 22-3: Constitutional Amendment to establish new individual right to reproductive freedom, including right to make all decisions about pregnancy and abortion; allow State to regulate abortion in some cases; and forbid prosecution of individuals exercising established right.
Brief description of SCHOOL DISTRICT ballot proposals that will appear on the ballot:
- Armada Area Schools: Bonding Proposal; Operating Millage Renewal; and Sinking Fund Millage (0.85 mills for each $1,000 of taxable value for (10) ten years).
- Intermediate School District: Macomb Intermediate School District Counties of Macomb, St. Clair and Oakland State of Michigan Special Education Facilities Improvement Bond Proposal.
FULL TEXT of the above ballot proposals may be obtained online at www.mi.gov/vote or at the Clerk’s office during normal township office hours.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS may be obtained from the Clerk’s office. Download an Absent Voter Application or APPLY ONLINE for an Absent Voter Ballot at www.mi.gov/vote.
TO COMPLY WITH THE HELP AMERICA VOTE ACT (HAVA), voting instructions will be available in audio format and in braille. Arrangements for obtaining the instructions in these alternative formats can be made by contacting your local clerk in advance of the election. All polling locations are accessible for voters with disabilities.
Riley Township Clerk
Published 10-2-2022 (Times Herald)