The Riley Township Board is seeking applicants for an Ordinance Enforcement Officer.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid non-restrictive Michigan Driver’s license
- Ability to read, write and speak English language
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain township and zoning ordinances
- Knowledgeable of the legal system and liability issues related to ordinance enforcement
- Ability to use camera, computer and general office equipment to document and record pertinent information with proficient written communication and math skills
- Ability to interact with residents and resolve conflicts
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Preferred law enforcement background
- Preferred blight enforcement experience
Required Duties Include:
Investigation of ordinance violations; serving notice of violations; serving appearance tickets as authorized under Chapter IV of Public Act 175 of 1927, as amended; serving municipal civil infraction citations as authorized by, and approved by the Riley Township Board appearance in court or other judicial proceedings to assist in the prosecution of ordinance violators, and such other ordinance enforcing duties as may be delegated by the township supervisor or assigned by the township attorney.
A copy of Ordinance # 34-22 Ordinance Enforcement Officer is available online at https://rileytownship.com/ordinances/.
Application deadline is UNTIL FILLED.
To apply online, Click HERE