Notice of Election August Primary 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Primary Election will be held on August 2, 2022.
POLL LOCATION for Riley Township Registered Electors:
Riley Township Hall located at 13016 Belle River Road
Polls will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
The following offices will appear on the ballot for the purpose of nominating candidates to appear on the November General Election ballot for the following offices:
- PARTISAN: Governor, Representative in Congress (9th District), State Senator (25th District), Representatives in State Legislature (65th District), St. Clair County Commissioners (District 6) and Delegates to the County Convention.
- PARTISAN (partial-term): Riley Twp Clerk
Below is a brief description of the ballot proposals that will appear on the ballot:
- St. Clair County: Parks & Recreation millage renewal, Senior citizens millage renewal, Library System millage, & Ambulance Services Millage
- Capac Community Schools: Operating millage proposal
- St. Clair County Community College: Millage renewal proposition & a facilities improvement & program support millage proposition
FULL TEXT of the above ballot proposals may be obtained online at www.michigan.gov/vote, or at the Clerk’s office during normal township office hours.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS may be obtained from the Clerk’s office, OR download an Absent Voter Application online at rileytownship.com/elections/, OR APPLY ONLINE for an Absent Voter Ballot at https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/AVApplication/Index .
TO COMPLY WITH THE HELP AMERICA VOTE ACT (HAVA), voting instructions will be available in audio format and in braille. Arrangements for obtaining the instructions in these alternative formats can be made by contacting your local clerk in advance of the election. All polling locations are accessible for voters with disabilities.
Riley Township Clerk